Is your holiday debt overstaying its welcome? Are you overwhelmed with credit card bills?
Show your holiday debt the door. Move your high-interest credit card balance to a lower interest rate credit card from your Credit Union.
Transfer Your Balance
Starting February 3, you will have the opportunity to transfer your high-interest credit card debt to an APCO Platinum VISA Credit Card. Eligible applicants will receive a special, low 1.9% APR on those balance transfers.
The 1.9% balance transfer interest rate is good for six months, giving you the opportunity to pay off that debt at a MUCH lower interest rate than your current credit card offers. Paying off that debt at 1.9% versus your current interest rate could save you thousands of dollars in interest fees.
Ready to transfer your balance? Click here to download and print the Balance Transfer Authorization form.
Did You Know?
We know there are other financial institutions, but our balance transfer program is different and better:
- No balance transfer fee. Most other financial institutions charge up to 3% of the balance transferred.
- Your monthly payment for the next six months will be applied to the balance transfer first. Most do not do this and it can cost you a lot of money.
- Everyone gets the same balance transfer rate option.
- If you do not pay off the balance transfer within six months, the standard 10.9% interest rate will be applied to the remaining balance. That rate beats most financial institutions.
New and Existing Accounts
The balance transfer option is available to all APCO Employees Credit Union members. If you already have an APCO Platinum VISA account, simply contact us to setup the balance transfer. If you do not have an APCO Platinum VISA Credit Card, visit apcocu.org/visa to begin the application process. Once your account is approved, we will help you setup your balance transfer.
After the six month balance transfer promotion ends, your APCO Platinum VISA will continue to save you money. Benefits of using an APCO Platinum VISA Credit Card include:
- 10.9% APR (and we don’t raise your rate whenever there’s a day of the week that ends in Y.)
- No annual fee.
- A 25 day grace period on purchases (that’s like getting a free loan.)
- 1% cash back reward.